K9 surveillance robot is a lejos and android implementation running on Lego mindstorm hardware with the following features:
- Explores it’s environment while avoiding obstacles with an ultra sonar scanner and detects collisions with a bump sensor.
- Creates a map from cruising data and detected obstacles.
- Connects to bluetooth devices to exchange control data and commands.
- Is monitoring the surrounding area by decoding video data processing it with face detection
and draw detected faces into the map
- Detects QR codes to receive commands and authentications.
- Uses text to speech.
- Serves a telnet interface for an interactive speech output.
- Implements a web interface for live image streams, log output and a real time map